Kids Scuba Diving Classes
Amber Waves Diving Company loves kids and believes snorkeling, skin diving and SCUBA diving are great FAMILY sports! We can begin working with kids as young as 8 years old! Kids 10 and up can earn a SCUBA certification. Check out our scuba diving classes for kids!
Course Costs: $60
The PADI Bubblemaker program is for boys and girls age 8 and above. It’s fun, easy and safe. The PADI Bubble maker program is a way for youngsters to join in the family fun of scuba diving or even start a trend! Children should be OK in the water, but they don’t have to be super swimmers since the maximum depth is only 2m/6 ft.
- For children eight years and older who want to have fun in the pool
- Also available as an open water experience (two meter/six foot max. depth)
- Conducted by PADI Instructors
- No pre-training required
- Uses equipment made for children – not adults
- Typical sessions last about an hour (sign up, gear up and fun included)
Before you start, download and fill out your forms!
PADI Seal Team Course
Course Costs: Seal Team Aqua Mission 1-5 $200
The PADI Seal Team is for young divers who are looking for action-packed fun in a pool by doing exciting scuba “AquaMissions.” Have you ever wondered what it’s like to dive with flashlights, take digital pictures underwater or float effortlessly like an Astronaut? These are AquaMissions!
You will learn about safe diving and you can try AquaMissions like wreck, navigation, buoyancy, underwater photography, environmental awareness, and more. Here’s your chance to do some cool stuff in the pool, meet friends, and share in the adventure of the underwater world!
PADI Seal Team
- Fun pool-only experience
- Conducted by certified, trained PADI Professionals
- Fun activity for both boys and girls ages 8 and above
- Helps children learn responsibility
- Teaches children about the aquatic environment
- AquaMissions and activities usually about take 1 ½ hour each.
- One 1½ hour class per week for 6 weeks. (must attend all sessions to earn Seal Team membership)
- Seal Team Members must supply their own mask, fins, and snorkel
If you can’t find information or have questions, please call (316) 775-6688 or contact us and we’re happy to help!